What Other Forms Of Identification Will Work For Flying Besides A REAL ID


 Article written by Delta Driving School .

What identification will work when boarding a flight is all up to the Transportation Security Administration (TSA). Any adult over the age of 18 years old must show one of these at the airport checkpoint in order to travel.

Starting in October 2020 you will need a REAL ID in place of a standard driver’s license, but there are other forms of identification that will also work. An enhanced driver’s license can get you across borders and a passport or passport card are also fairly common.

Other options include DHS trusted traveler cards such as Global Entry, NEXUS, or SENTRI cards. ID cards issued by the U.S. Department of Defense also count as well as Permanent Resident cards and Border Crossing cards.

For people who might be immigrants, their U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services Employment Authorization Card will enable them to board a plane. Canadian provincial driver’s licenses are also valid in the U.S. as are foreign government issued passports or transportation worker identification credentials.

For native Indians, their federally recognized tribal-issued photo ID will let them travel on an airplane. Lastly, U.S. Merchant Mariner Credentials and HSPD-12 PIV cards will also work for flying. With so many forms of ID available that enable you to fly, the Transportation Security Administration makes sure that anyone who needs to travel can do so. Though some of these are likely ones that you have never heard of before, all of them are recognized forms of ID.

This article was written by Delta Driving School. If you are looking for Driving School in Eagle Rock CA make sure to visit their website.

About the author /